Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

What is the remote code for a samsung sound bar pj-wj500.

Customer Question
What is the remote...

What is the remote code for a samsung sound bar pj-wj500

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Samsung

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung system?

All codes listed for direct tv

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I did not give the right model number. it is PS-WJ500
12/25/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

How many digits does your directv remote need? 3, 4, or 5?

What is the model of the soundbar? What you sent is the subwoofer, it should be something similar to Samsung HW-J6000

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
SORRY, I thought the numbers would be the same
The sound bar model is HW-J550/ZA
i think it takes 5 numbers

That is what I needed, thank you,

I'll caution you up front that this may not work. Soundbars, in general, don't work well with directv remotes.

We can certainly try however. The proper IR codeset for your specific soundbar model is 31295

If that fails some alternates you can try are:

32609
22609
32660
31949
21014
20045

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried the specific number and it does not work
I tried the alternate numbers and they do not work either
If you have any other suggestions , let me know
Thank you

Thank you for trying,

unfortunately if those did not work, then the remote is simply not compatible with the soundbar, which is quite common (and was what I expected). It was worth a try though.

Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.)

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i thank you for your suggestion
I am willing to accept your charge of $5.00 , I dont think your response is worth any additional charge.
Please advise of your final charge.
Thank you

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you.

I have no control over or access to any billing or account matters. You have paid the full fee that you agreed to when posting your question, it is not 5, that was just to post the question, not the total. I'm sorry if you don't think the response is worth more, but it is a flat fee which you agreed to up front. For comparison purposes, had you called a tech out to do the programming for you, you'd be charged a minimum of $125 for the exact same outcome.

Please note:
I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.
Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question honestly and accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help. To ask for a refund or not honor the agreed upon total would be forcing me to work for free for my time spent helping.

Merry Christmas,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please opted out

Have a nice day

Nathan, Engineer