Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need the four digit unlock code for a Kenwood car stereo…

Customer Question
I need the four digit...
I need the four digit unlock code for a Kenwood car stereo it's a KDC mp342u model I bought it from a pawn shop and it has me locked out
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/24/2017
Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I will not be able to call you because my phone service is currently down. I will still be able to assist you.

The unfortunate thing about radios like the one that you bought from the pawn shop is that you will not be able to use the radio without entering the unlock code that it is presently set to. The unlock code is an anti-theft feature that prevents stolen radios from being used. I do hope that the one you bought was not stolen and then pawned. In any case, you will definitely need the code that is now programmed into it.

There is, however, an article that addresses resetting the Kenwood security code. Please click here to read it. I hope that the info there will help in one way or another.

Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Did you view the previous reply and use the reset options with the link?