Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to output sound from my 4k tv to my receiver…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to output sound from my 4k tv to my receiver through the optical connection

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

The speakers are klipsh the receiver is xenon avr s900w

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

I have an x box one x running into t h e tv by hdmi and out to the receiver by optical I have tried every setting I can think of but no sound

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/24/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of your TV?

Also is the sound currently coming from the TV speakers- or is there no sound at all?

The tv is a vizio e series e65 and there is sound on the tv speakers

Okay you need to shut the internal TV speakers off in the Vizio sound menu to activate the optical output, so you would want to start there. If there's still no sound then we need to look into the Input assign on the Denon. Let me know what happens once you shut the TV speakers off.

No sound any where

Elaborate- you shut off the Vizio speakers?

Which optical port are you plugged into- TV or CD?

Tv audio

By default, TV audio is pre-assigned to HDMI. Have you changed the Input assignment?

No I have never used it till today

As a test, plug the optical into CD and select CD on the receiver. Let me know.

Still no sound
Already solved the problem
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.