Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why does my BDP-S6700 sometimes have black moments while…

Customer Question
Why does my BDP-S6700...

Why does my BDP-S6700 sometimes have black moments while playing a Blu Ray disc?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your BDP-S6700?

2016 or 2017

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your BDP-S6700?

Just playing discs. Some work fine, others will have the black moments or go to totally white screen

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/24/2017
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i do not see an answer to my question.

Please be more specific with the issue.

Does it always happen with the same disc? Does it always happen at the same time? Is it completely random?

Some discs (all Blu Ray) play fine, others have the problem that I described. it appears to be totally random when it does happen

When it goes to a white screen, do you have to do anything to get it back to playing again?

I have had to start the disc over.

If you put the same disc back in, does it happen again to that disc?

On one disc, it happened again. The disc last night, I started again and fast forwarded to the point it had stopped (about 3/4 of the way through the movie) and it played to the end without a problem.

Unfortunately, this is an extremely difficult issue to troubleshoot since it is completely at random.

Have you tried unplugging the unit from the wall and waiting 1 minute then plugging it back in?

No. I can try that but we are getting ready for the family to arrive and probably will not have time today to continue to play with it.

No problem.

Take your time and Merry Christmas

Harry, Customer Service