Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Trying to hook up yamaha sw-p3600 sub woofer to denon

Customer Question
Trying to hook up...

Trying to hook up yamaha sw-p3600 sub woofer to denon avr-3803/1083?

Technician's Assistant: Is your SW-P3600 system connected to or paired with anything?

No

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your SW-P3600?

It has 2 wired hook up on back of sub the denon has 1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Do make a wire to make that hook up?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The Yamaha is a "passive" subwoofer, and the Denon requires an "active" subwoofer- so more than a simple wire is needed.

The Denon requires a sub with a built in amplifier, and the Yamaha does not have one. Trying to connect the sub out on the Denon to the speaker level inputs of the Yamaha will result in no sound unless and amplifier is used between them. I am pulling up a link to a suitable sub amplifier now for you.

You would need an amplifier like the one at the link below (this is the only way to get the Yamaha "passive" subwoofer to connect and play from the Denon). You'll run an RCA cable from the Denon's sub out to the RCA Inputs on the amp, and then run regular speaker wires from the amp to the Yamaha subwoofer:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-apa150-150w-power-amplifier--300-812?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Do you need further assistance with this?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Engineer