Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I purchased an insignia digital headphones at best buy..

Customer Question
I purchased an insignia...

I purchased an insignia digital headphones at best buy.. attempted to connect to my mom panosonic tv without success. I was told that i needed a digital analog converter. So..went back to best buy and purchased that as well as a chord that attaches to this box into the digital audio output in back of tv. still doesnt work on my moms tv and my panasonic 5 yeard old tv. I called panasonic and after he asked me several questions and put me on hold twice decided he needed to charge me $9.95 for any further assisstance. I responded by asking him why didnt he tell me this in the beginning of our phone call with no response from him . Out of principal I will not be charged ten dollars. so...I just got off the phone with Insignia and still not working. One of her suggestions was to turn off my INTERNAL speakers on the TV, so I used the mute button on my remote...didnt work...I went to menu;settings;audio; and played with different options..didnt work

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Insignia TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Well..valid question...I have the red/white male parts connected to input on the docking station...that goes into the converter..and another chord from there into the digital audio output. Interestingly enough when Insignia was troubleshooting with me, one of her suggestions was to take the converter out of the connection process and attach the red/white jacks into audi input in back of TV...didnt work

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

The red/white cables that came with the headphones

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/23/2017
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please
Unfortunately due to today's business culture if money gouging...I do not have the option of speaking with you..which of course would be easier
Where did u go Harry??
Ok..sooo.I received an email informing me that you responded to my last message...and yet I do not see one...

Just to note: This is a paid service.

Do you wish to continue?

I already have $36 Into this with no answer yet..Are u telling me I have to pay more?

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have gone through all of the basic troubleshooting and at this point, it would be necessary to see how you have it setup with the cords.

Ok..
what am I supposed to do next then?

In this case, you will need to have someone come out locally to take a look at your setup and see where the issue is.

what did I pay $36 For exactly?

Our session is a paid service

what did u do for me?? What service did u provide..u told me to have someone look at it?

Yes, unfortunately, your issue requires that someone has to look at how you are setting it up.

Thank you for nothing..How do I get my money back