Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older Bose Wave, single, that seems to slip, not…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older Bose Wave, single, that seems to slip , not skip. Any ideas. I love the music.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Dunno, it is the single play wave. about 600 bucks 8 years ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Bought on of those lens cleaners with the three tiny brushes sticking up.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

What is your deal?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/23/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...older Bose Wave..."

Initially, the described symptom of "...slip , not skip..." would point to an erring traverse assembly of the CD player.

The repair would require cleaning and re-lubrication of the guide worm gear if not a replacement of the traverse mechanism.

In most instances, Bose would provide repairs for a flat rate at a reasonable price.

Please click HERE and/or call 1-***-***-****.

Not unless you are considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter (and even perhaps a soldering iron)?