Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A NEW DENON AV-X540BT AND I CAN'T GET…

Customer Question
I HAVE JUST PURCHASED...

I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A NEW DENON AV-X540BT AND I CAN'T GET A DVD TO VISUALLY PLAY ON THE TV, CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE, CHEERS ROD

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

NO NOTHING, TV IS SEARCHING FOR A SIGNAL BUT THE VOLUME COMES THRU THE SPEAKERS

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

SO YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE MY AUSTAR HDMI CABLE IN THE MEDIA PLAYER INPUT AND THATS FINE BUT I HAVE MY BLUERAY PLAYER LEAD INTO THE DVD/BLUERAY INPUT AND ALL I GET IS SOUND WITH NO PICTURE?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I MIGHT HAVE INCORRECTLY SET THIS NEW DEVICE UP BUT IDON'T THINK I MISSED ANY THING

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/22/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 6 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Denon AVR-X540BT.

HI LOUIE, CAN YOU HELP ME GET A PICTURE THRU THIS NEW DENON RECEIVER USING THE EXISTING DVD PLAYER?

Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done), consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

HAVE TRIED ALL THAT AND NO SUCCESS

Critical information; IF a RESET was not corrective, THEN a potential hardware issue.

For test purposes...disconnect the "...AUSTAR HDMI CABLE IN THE MEDIA PLAYER INPUT AND THATS FINE...." and connect the DVD/Blu-ray player to this connection port / HDMI cable. This would test the player and the receiver

DON'T WORRY LOUIE, I AM TAKING IT BACK IN THE MORNING! CHEERS ROD

I understand.