Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I get the Samsung 6 series TV audio through my NAD…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get the Samsung 6 series TV audio through my NAD C370 stereo integrated amplifier to my stereo speakers

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

B&W

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your C370 and your 6?

An optical digital to analog converter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/22/2017
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Spectrum/Time Warner cable box and Vizio Blue Ray disc player

Ok then and that vizio disc has only hdmi i take it ?

Using hdmi cable to connect to TV from both the cable box and the vizio disc player

Try to connect your NAD directly into the cable boxes audio out left/right for atest , there should be sound there

If your blueray has something else like optical or analog beside hdmi then use another input on the NAD

Those samsung are finicky when it comes to the optical port and the source of the signal is hdmi

You can try what i suggested above and also you could give me the tv`s full model number that starts with UN......

.

Are you there ?

If not then i`m stepping out for the night

I can get audio through the NAD and stereo speakers via the cable box when watching cable TV. I can't get audio to the NAD and stereo speakers when I am on the internet via the Samsung TV watching music videos; only getting audio through the TV speakers not the stereo speakers

You wont get anything out of that optical port from the internal apps

only way this would work would be through analog audio out jack on this tv if it has one or headphone jack or ARC (audio return channel) which your stereo amp is not capable of receiving , that requires HDMI

The optical will not output sound from the internal apps

I`m now stepping out or the night , you don` seem to be around