Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Onkyo NR-TX609 started making a crackling noise through…

Customer Question
My Onkyo NR-TX609 started...

My Onkyo NR-TX609 started making a crackling noise through the speakers and the next day the sound went out completely. I had to disconnect the receiver and go directly to the cable box to get any sound. I did try to turn the unit off and wait and then trey again before disconnecting it.

Technician's Assistant: What is your NR-TX609 connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes all cables were tight that was my exam.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

As I said I connected it directly to the cable box and I now have sound, but it a direct connection without surround sound.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there anything else he needsa to know.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/21/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you mean you bypassed the onkyo and connected cable directly to the tv, so the sound now comes through the tv speakers?
On the onkyo, did this crackling happen through all the speakers or just certain ones? Can you hear the tuner (fm radio) at all?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.