Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have old AVR-1000 the UR-371E remote not working will the…

Customer Question
Have old AVR-1000 the...

Have old AVR-1000 the UR-371E remote not working will the Denon RC-160 work OK in its place

Technician's Assistant: Is your RC-160 system connected to or paired with anything?

No, will have have to buy one

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your RC-160?

I don't have RC-160 , my problem is old AVR-1000 remote stopped working and was trying to find something that would work and think new RC-160 will work ???

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just advice

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/21/2017
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this

Send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

To answer your question ;

The RC-160 is listed as working with the AVR-1000 ,2000,3000 and AV-1548

So yes that will work just fine , that UR-371E is a NEC unified (for NEC product) remote anyway and i`m not sure it can be programmed to work with anything else but NEC products

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .

Technician: Martin, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Martin, Engineer

The RC-160 work but it is a basic remote. The RC-167 is the one that was shiped with the AVR-1000. You can get that one for all the function supported:

https://www.remotes.com/denon-p/denon%20rt3990221006.htm