Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Altec acs33 computer speakers. The speaker that also

Customer Question
Altec acs33 computer speakers...

Altec acs33 computer speakers. The speaker that also controls volume does not work. Other speaker works fine and volume is controlled as nomal. Circuit board looks good. Speaker looks good.

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Connected to my computer sound card. headphones in same work fine

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Plugged into my phone i get a small amount of sound from the speaker

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My computer and phone give the same result. Volume very very low in one speaker, but the speaker is working and the sub is also working fine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sprayed the volume pot with contact cleaner but no better.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
connections on the control board located in the speaker base look fine.
12/21/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds to me as if a defective component in the audio amplifier path of the defective speaker, not associated with the volume control part of the circuitry, is damping down amplification, causing near-muted or greatly reduced sound volume. This is a familiar symptom of failure in many types of audio amplifier.

The circuitry itself, in the Master Speaker, has the problem, if the 'master speaker's volume control works for the other speaker quite well.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech