Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Bose Wave Radio CD system and have contacted you…

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose Wave Radio CD system and have contacted you for repairs. A technician called me on a Sunday morning when I was not home and I have not heard from him since. I paid $26 or $23 for the service so I'm hoping to hear from him again. He is located in Janesville where I also live.

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

I have disconnected and reconnected all the plugs

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

I'm not asking for repair on a home theater. Radio & CD player

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

My radio will not turn on

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/20/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 2 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Bose system. Please let me know again what kind of issues you are having with the system.
The radio will not turn on. One of the CD slots doesn't want to eject
What is the model of your Bose system ? How old is it ? So the unit does not turn on at all ?
Is the Bose system a single CD player layer unit, or do you have a multi disc changer ?
This problem in the Bose unit is caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.Disconnect the Bose from power, Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release (this drains residual current from the main unit).Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.Once that is done the system is reset, so if the issue is simply a processor glitch- this will correct it.
Let me know if that helped.
However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of a repair, in specific the Eject mechanism in the disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems. The Bose customer service number is *****
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
This is all the information, I have at the moment. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm more than happy to answer them for you.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017