Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am unable to pair my Bose Soundtouch speaker with my iPad.

Customer Question
I am unable to...

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

Where do I find out what version of iTunes I have?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last reboot?

I'll reboot now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/20/2017
Technician: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Have you downloaded the app to connect?

LINK

The blue network light does not go on just flashing orange signal light . I have 2 speakers but only have 1 with me. I tried both Alph and Speaker 1= connection unsuccessful several times. I rebooted the iPad and "Forget this device" for the Alpha listing on Bluetooth. My other Bose soundbar bluetooth works fine.

Do you have an other devices you can try to pair with the Speaker to see if the issue is the device or the speaker?

I’ll download the app on my iPhone. I have successfully paired the speakers with my iPad previously

I understand that, but can you paid with your phone. If you can the issue is your iPad. If you cannot the issue is the speaker. Basic diagnostics.

Trying that now

Ok

Hey, I didn't know this was going to cost so much! I just contacted Bose help desk directly and they connected me with you saying there was $5 refundable deposit. What's up? I want to cancel this commitment - Youtube probably has the answers for free.

There is not a commitment here. You set the fee when you started this. That is the total fee for a satisfied answer. Make sense?

How did I set the fee?

Everyone does when they ask a question. It is part of the process.