Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bose Acoustic Wave Music system (cd player with…

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose Acoustic Wave Music system (cd player with radio). The cd is having trouble tracking certain CDs and on occasion when it does play, hits a few notes that are not that pleasing. I have used compressed air to try to clean the reader but the system persists. About half of my CDs do not play any longer.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Bose Acoustic Wave System.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

Model CD-3000?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/19/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.