Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Trying to connect to tv but can't get sound, samsung

Customer Question
Trying to connect to...

Trying to connect to tv but can't get sound

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung series7. brand new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It's telling me to plug cable in but cable is alread plugged in correctly

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your SERIES7? What happened right before this?

I only just connected for first time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/18/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What exactly are you trying to connect to the TV? Is there a cable box of some sort you're referring to? What cables are being used (please elaborate)?

bose st300 soundbar

Bose soundbar requires an optical cable to the TV. So again- what cable are you using?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on.

What cable(s) are being used (please elaborate)?

Are you still there??

You would connect an OPTICAL cable from the TV's "digital audio out" port into the optical in on the Bose in order to get sound.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

still waiting for my phone call
I'm not available by phone, did you read my replies above??
Aric, Engineer