Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

At least One of the slots in Our Bose system is defective: I…

Customer Question
At least One of...

At least One of the slots in Our Bose system is defective: I only hear scratching sound when I insert a CD and the screen confirms that it is not working. The other two slots seem to work. Should I bring in the machine to your Pacific Centre store where we bought it about 5 years ago? I misplaced the cleaning cd and cannot find it at the moment.

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Stand alone. Yes connected tightly. There is the main unit plus the trhee-slot companion.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No. Not convenient

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/19/2017
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

It does seem that at least one of the slots (the top one of the three) in the companion box is defective. The three new cds that we just bought are not the problem as we tested them on a friends Bose machine and they were ok. I looked for a Bose clean-up cd but can't find one. So I repeat : do I bring the machine and add-on three-slot box to the Bose store in Pacific Centre where we bought it about 4-5 years ago for a clean-up and does there exist a cleaning cd for your machine and can I get it there or is there another solution? BTW we will be away until January 1st as of Friday...
Marc A. Parent

Hi Marc,

You can bring it into the Bose store for a repair and they can quote you a price if it can be fixed then you can determine if the price is worth the repair. Merry Christmas!

Thanks again Harry for your prompt response.
As we agreed, I phoned your store at Pacific Centre in Vancouver(BC). Unfortunately, they were relatively unhelpful: the (unidentified) salesman (indian accent) simply responded that I should unplug the machine for a few seconds and try again to see if the problem is solved. He stated that there is not much use for me to bring the two components to him as they don't handle servicing and won't be able to help in any way ( I would have to bring in the basic unit also as they don't even have the basic unit in the store as it is too old!). He said that he does not understand why you agreed that I should go to your store for help in this regard. He stated that I should contact you again to arrange for servicing. He also stated that Bose don't have a "repair/cleaning cd"...
I must say that I am very disappointed with this overall unhelpful attitude from your store (as opposed to your excellent help), considering the expensive nature of your system and as this is my first request to solve a problem about it.
So, could you suggest a repairman for me to contact (hopefully here in Vancouver, BC)?
BTW, I unplugged and replugged the machine and the defect in the companion box is not corrected; the fist and second slots are not working at all and the third one is working but with some scratching...

Please call 1-***-***-**** to locate a repair center