Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just purchased AVR-x3400H. I am replacing a 1997 AVR-3200.

Customer Question
I just purchased AVR-x3400H...

I just purchased AVR-x3400H. I am replacing a 1997 AVR-3200. My 1997 Sony XBR died and the new 4k Ultra HD TV could not connect because of lack of HDMI ports.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your speaker that are lit or blinking?

Here is my question. I have a 1997 Sony DST system throughout entire house (DM1000ES) with in-ceiling speakers. There aren't many outputs on the new Denon receiver. I put my plugs into the one output, but it seems like I am only getting one channel through the DST system. Not sure how to remedy. Rest of system (surround in family room) works fine. Any remedy on Sony DST. Assume it isn't first time for y'all.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

I'm not a techie. How do I reset a houseful of in-ceiling speakers?

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks, ***** ***** to remedy the one problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Technician: Thomas, Technician replied 7 months ago
Thomas
Thomas, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

Are you coming out of the new receiver using the zone 2 connection and then going into the Sony?

I am plugged into Zone 2 output with red in red and black in white

What input input are you using on the Sony?