Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a z2 wireless speaker and the red light keeps

Customer Question
I have a z2...

I have a z2 wireless speaker and the red light keeps blinking....i am not able to connect to it.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Airport extreme by apple....I do have another speaker in another room that is working.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Mac Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

No thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/18/2017
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

The flashing light means it needs to be paired to a bluetooth device.

Which bluetooth device are you trying to connect?

iTunes on my computer via Wi-fi

What is the make/model of your computer?

My router is an apple airport extreme. My computer is a dell

Which model Dell?

Which operating system?

Windows 10
Dell optiplex 3010

I do not see that your computer has bluetooth which is required to connect the speaker. It is paired via bluetooth (not Wi-Fi)

Please keep in mind that I have another B&M speaker that works fine in another spot in the house. This one use to connect fine but I am having problems with it. I checked the Wi-fi strength and it was fine
I believe the speaker system is paired thru Wi-fi as it connects to my
airport express
Apple TV
Other B&M speaker

I apologize -- I have pulled up the manual.

You can connect to your Z2 three different ways: • Using AirPlay ® . • Using the Lightning ™ connector. • Using the Auxilary input

Which one is it connected?

I am connecting thru my house wi-fi system. my speaker has a white lite showing currently

Do you have the Bowers & Wilkins Control’ App downloaded on the PC?

No, I do not...I was unaware that one exists. i'll check

You can download it here: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/control

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.n

I checked into the app and it showed me how to connect but once i connected to the speaker it is asking for a password ***** I do not have? is this the wifi network password ***** the speaker password?

Without seeing the screen, I am not sure but you can try the Wi-Fi password ***** see if that works.

I should be on my home Wi-Fi and the speaker should connect? I am lot seeing th speaker show up as an option on my computer but my other B&M speaker is showing up?
It is a purple light which is the same as my other B&M speaker, why am I am not seeing it as an option
Your not helping

Did you open the app and use it to connect to the speaker? I am sorry that you feel like I am not helping.

It should connect thru iTunes on my computer which uses Wi-Fi to connect to the speakers

Did you open the app and use it to connect to the speaker?

I would like a refund as this was not helpful