Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new RSB-6 and can't get the sub-woofer to work. I…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new RSB-6 and can't get the sub-woofer to work. I think it is paired because I have a steady blue light on the sub-woofer, but no sound from it

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

It's a Klipsch RSB-6 and the sound bar is connected to the TV with a digital optical cable and it works fine. But I can't get any sound from the sub-woofer

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/18/2017
Technician: Thomas, Technician replied 8 months ago
Thomas
Thomas, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but have you pressed the SUB+ button on the remote? Does this change anything?

Yup tried that several times

Have you reconnected the sub?

several times

Ok, can you try to connect with a different method other than optical to see if it makes any difference? If you had a couple HDMI cables that would be the easiest since it has an HDMI in and out.

The sub-woofer doesn’t have an hdmi port
No, the sound bar has HDMI in and out as a source. I basically want to use a different cable connection other than the optical cable just to see if the problem follows
I tried using the hdmi cable that came with the sound bar and couldn’t even get sound from the sound bar, or the subwoofer. So went to Best Buy and bought a digital cable. So now the sound bar works great, but not the sub-woofer
you don't have anything else to connect besides the TV? No other audio device, even analog?
Not sure what you are asking. I have a cell phone
You probably don't have a cable to connect your phone to this system. Do you have a cable or satellite receiver?
Sorry I have to leave now
Ok, I was going to suggest connecting the HDMI from your cable or satellite box to the HDMI in on the sound bar, then connect the HDMI out on the sound bar to the TV and see if that works. We can work on it later if you choose too. Have a good evening
Already tried that unsuccessfully
Hmmm. Ok, I'm out of ideas. I'll open the question up to others. Thanks
Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.