Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2300 receiver. 5 speaker set up -- front/center and…

Customer Question
I have a 2300...

I have a 2300 receiver. 5 speaker set up -- front/center and one set of surround sound. I can play the internet radio with no problem. If I try to play a movie the receiver cuts out after a few seconds of sound -= powers down. If I keep the sound off (pause the movie) its fine. Any ideas what is wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes, I am just using speaker wire and I did check all connections. Remember that it plays internet radio/music just fine although its not using all speakers then

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Yes, I have Apple TV and Amazon fire on it and the same for both

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I cannot think of anything

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
how much longer is the wait?
12/17/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand, "2300" refers to about a dozen receivers out there currently. What is the brand and full model number of this receiver?

Are you saying that regardless of whether you view from Apple TV or the Amazon Fire- the receiver will still cut off?

Also, how long have you owned the receiver for and when did the problem occur?

Louie, Technician