Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an about 10 year old Bose radio/cd model and

Customer Question
We have an about...

We have an about 10 year old Bose radio/cd model and recently the CD sound clicks no matter what CD we insert. Is there a way to fix this?

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

AWRCC2

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

We have just tried a variety of CDs and all seem to start clicking and\or simply stop playing the CD

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/16/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.