Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My grundic 5000 satelite will only recieve fm..the am bands…

Customer Question
My grundic 5000 satelite...

My grundic 5000 satelite will only recieve fm..the am bands are dead?

Technician's Assistant: What Grundig model do you have?

Transistor 5000 satelit

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Grundig unit?

New batteties ,.. clicking the pushbuttons

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, i just bought it used on ebay.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/16/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your radio question.
Have you any sort of antenna, or external antenna, hooked up to the used Grundig radio ?

Is there any static sound whatever on the AM bands, even with volume up high and tuning across the bands?

ive got static and speach on am with vol all the way up

The AM Tuning circuitry may have a fault, or on the other hand, the local environment - if the static is louder than the speech, even at best - might contain radio noise.

Either way, I recommend trying an external antenna of almost any sort - or for lack of that, try touching the external antenna terminal with one finger - it will not shock you, with only one fingertip, so this is fairly safe I should hope! - and see if you can tune in AM bands better that way (with antenna externally attached, or with a single fingertip to the external antenna terminal/port/terminals.)

Let me know how that goes, please... the radio might require repair, not just a bit of antenna signal more than it gets internally.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)