Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Yamaha RX-V1700 Receiver that has not been powered…

Customer Question
I have a Yamaha...

I have a Yamaha RX-V1700 Receiver that has not been powered up in four years. It will not respond to the power on switch.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last turn on your RX-V1700?

The last time was in April 2013

Technician's Assistant: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?

Unfortunately No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not technically inclined so I am of little use to you I am afraid.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/15/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Yamaha RX-V1700..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, is the receiver completely/electrically dead?

Would you be comfortable checking the internal circuitry? ...even if just visually?

Can we do this online? I lost two “texting” fingers in an accident. I so don’t text.....ever
No thank you. I will go with Plan B

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

Would you be comfortable visually inspecting the internal circuitry?

No thank you. I will take care of this locally. Sorry to have bothered you. This is sort of what I was expecting.

I understand.

No thank you. I am withdrawing my question. I am are tired Canadian Military person living in a remote location. To contact you is becoming difficult so I am respectfully ***** ***** need of this service.

Done; "...withdrawing my need of this service..." relayed to Customer Support.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.