Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Bose Radio with a CD player. I have a remote

Customer Question
I have a Bose...

I have a Bose Radio with a CD player. I have a remote control and just put in a new battery. It will not work although the clock is operating.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

It's model #AWRCC1--in other words-old.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your #AWRCC1?

Changed batter in remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No idea what to ask even

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/15/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is the issue only with the cd, or will nothing work?

Nothing is working except the clock!

Thank you for confirming,

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the bose remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. You may want to grab another remote to look at too (cable/satellite/tv) for comparison purposes.

Let me know what you find.

Nothing is working except the clock!I tried what you suggested (wasn't easy to find a dark room) . Nothing lit up even a glow.

Thank you for checking,

this means that the remote is defective, and needs to be replaced.

You may order a replacement (lower cost, generic) remote here: http://amzn.to/2zfDSuw

or the original part here: http://amzn.to/2j6HFl0

Best regards,

Nathan, Engineer