Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a BOSE CD3000 system that has malfunctioning CD

Customer Question
I have a BOSE...

I have a BOSE CD3000 system that has malfunctioning CD player. Any way to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: Is your CD3000 system connected to or paired with anything?

No it is a stand alone Stacked system...5cd changer at bottom and one CD at top

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your CD3000?

I just only play the radio, because i can't get the CD palyer to work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Bose said they dont make parts anymore

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/14/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Done that already. Thanks.

Thanks for trying,

that does then mean a hardware issue, and bose does not repair these anymore due to age.

The one remaining option for repair is to contact the guys at MyBoseRepair (http://www.myboserepair.com/ship_to_us.htm) who will generally be able to do a much quicker and cheaper repair service. They offer a flat rate repair of around $300. Given the age of the system though, it may make more sense to replace it with a new model at this point.

Best regards,

Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.