Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

X-EM21 CD Receiver System - Problem with ejecting a

Customer Question
X-EM21 CD Receiver...

X-EM21 CD Receiver System - Problem with ejecting a recordable CD. Yes, I have the manual and nothing in it addresses this problem

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

The speakers I use are some Sony passive speakers which have always workled perfectly with this CD Receiver Sysrem until the problem with the recordable CD which won'

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony system?

The speakers play the FM just fine. The problem is NOT the loudspeakers!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I have no idea why you are connecting me with a "Theater" Expert.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Let's go back to the start. I have a Panasonic X-EM21 CD Receiver System. That is what my question is about. The loudspeakers are a part of that System, they are not a separate item (I answered this question incorrectly, forgetting that I am NOT using my portable Sony speakers, but the ones supplied by Panasonic with this X-EM21 system!) Sorry about that!Anyway, the problem is that I was playing a recordable CD-R, made by my nephew, and it plays fine, but it will NOT eject and I have done everything suggested in the manual, which I have. Is this not clear?
12/13/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your CD ejection question.

When a disc is stuck in a device, then there are some things to try.

First, try turning it Off, then turning it On again after 2+ minutes, while holding down the Eject button continuously for at least 20 or 30 seconds.

Second, if that fails, locate the pinhole or very small hold under or right next to the slot or tray for the disc. Straighten a paper-clip and insert it into the pinhole until it unlocks the disc tray (or if the slot type, until it pushes the disc forth a little, enough to grab it and pull it out the rest of the way.)

Third... unfortunately, at this point, you may have to take the device apart - or have someone skilled disassemble it - enough to dislodge the disc by hand from the inside.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further and as well as possible.

Thanks.

The on/off thing does not work at all. The player simply starts playing the disc. And you apparently don't know about this CD player: there is NO HOLE into which a straightened paper clip can be inserted (a trick I know well from my Plextor CD burner).
So, can I contact someone who knows this device.

At your request, I have Opted Out. Another Expert will take up this case by and by - and then you will receive a notification email. Thank you, ***** ***** a pleasant day.

Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

My original question has not been answered. I assume I will have to take the player apart to get the disc out, but this is obviously something I'd rather not have to do. I originally contacted Panasonic about this, but their web site referred me to you. If you don not have a simple answer to my question, please just say so. Do you have experience with this CD player?

You will have to take it apart so if you are not comfortable with that process, you will need someone locally to come out and do it for you.

I will take it apart.

Great to hear

I will not rate this expert. I will only rate the overall quality of Just Answer, which is unsatisfactory.

The rating is not designed for the overall quality of JustAnswer

Harry, Customer Service