Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have an Integra DTR 7.8 and am getting no sound or output…

Customer Question
I have an Integra...

I have an Integra DTR 7.8 and am getting no sound or output from Zone 2. Have connected up an Integra DPS6.7 DVD using an HDMI connection and HDMI out to cinema projector. I have gone through the manual from front to back and pulling my hair out. Can \you help?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Integra (Onkyo)

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Hi, It is now after midnight hre in Australia. I am shutting down to go to sleep. Can you email or message me your answer for am tomorrow? Thanks
Gordon Innes
Answered in 1 day by:
12/14/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Integra DTR 7.8..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, the Integra DTR 7.8's Zone 2 and Zone can only work with analog sources. This is as prescribed in the Instruction Manual p. 115; "...Only analog input sources are output by Zone 2 and Zone 3..."

Since the "...connected up an Integra DPS6.7 DVD using an HDMI connection..." is digital, then there would be no sound.

A workaround is to connect likewise the analog / RCA jacks of the player to the receiver.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a design limitation; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Louie, Technician