Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sony Home Theater HCD-HDX275. DVD is jammed in

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Home Theater HCD-HDX275. DVD is jammed in changer and won't open.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Maybe 5 days>

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like o try. Can it be done?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a DVD from the library we were trying to play for our granddaughter.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/12/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Sony. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, please click / tap HERE on illustrated instruction on how to manually extract the DVD disc even when the power switch is turned off.

If symptom persists, then it would be an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Thanks. I found the hole but can’t see inside it. Do I turn with a flat head screw driver? Counterclockwise? How big is the gear?

Not a flat screwdriver but a pointed instrument such as the needle of a compass.

With the tray towards you, push on the gear teeth to make the gear turn counter clockwise.