Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sonos sound bar that I cannot get to work. Who can…

Customer Question
I have a Sonos...

I have a Sonos sound bar that I cannot get to work. Who can help me with that?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Sonos

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Just to get it to play sound with a tv program

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No... just how to get it to play sound through the optical cable

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/11/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

one minute while I get it.

Okay, that sounds good.

UN65JU6700FXZA
It's a Samsung smart tv

Thank you. Did you go into the Samsung MENU and shut off the internal speakers?

What source are you trying to play on the TV right now (DVD player, cable box, etc.)?

I'm just trying to hear the sound from the optical cable connection to the tv

Right and what source are you playing on the TV please.

Not all sources will output from the optical- which is why I'm asking.

I just unplugged a Bose speaker that was working fine with the optical cable.

Which model Sonos is this please- a Playbar?

I was simply watching a program on my Comcast cable box
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 5 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the soundbar (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Richard, Customer Service