Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Kenwood kdc-bt39dab head unit in my au xr8, its…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Kenwood kdc-bt39dab head unit in my au xr8, its less than 12 months old since professional installation, there is a popping sound that comes through the speakers then it goes into demo mode and looses all its preset information, the last time it did it, the system turned itself off and I had to press the power source to turn it back on and again it was in demo mode and all presets were gone again. Cheers Lockie

Technician's Assistant: Is your KDC-BT39DAB system connected to or paired with anything?

No, its just the head unit, no amps or sub's and it has the aftermarket wiring adapter harness to fit the unit to the factory harness with plugs, i hate cut wires they look like a birds nest and usually fail.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your KDC-BT39DAB?

Read the owners manual and reset it all, then it had the fault again, so we reset it again, did this 3 more times, yet it still keeps doing it, it takes around 5 or so minutes for it to fault again but it does do it, i had a cd playing this morning it was fine, tonight when i started the car it did it, the hand book said to detatch the face and wipe the connectors carefully with a cotton tip we did this to no avail, all the while being carefull not to damage the conectors.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thats it in a nut shell.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/11/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that your Kenwood head unit has failed within warranty.

The popping followed by odd malfunctions, entry to demo mode, etc. signifies that the control circuitry has problems, or perhaps even more likely, the power regulation in the unit is faulty, or its power filtering is defective.

(The installation is presumably adequate, or it would not work at all, so I don't think the way it was installed is at fault, though admittedly a loose (or dirty) ground connection of the Kenwood head unit's case to the car's chassis could perhaps produce this problem. That might be checked, before turning it in for warranty repair to Kenwood.)

If you need information on how to contact Kenwood for warranty repair, here it is:

For warranty service, presenting the Kenwood unit to a Kenwood Authorized Warranty service location with the receipt to prove the device is within warranty, is required. To inquire, or locate, the nearest, call Kenwood at 1800 126 659.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech