Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenwood DV-6050 5-disk DVD player with a disk stick…

Customer Question
I have a Kenwood...

I have a Kenwood DV-6050 5-disk DVD player with a disk stick inside. I can't remove it and the disk tray will not close all the way. How do I get the tray out to retrieve the disk?

Technician's Assistant: Is your DV-6050 system connected to or paired with anything?

Connected to a Yamaha AV receiver.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your DV-6050?

Just opening and closing tray and rotating disk cradle.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/10/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your CD player issue.
It sounds like one of your discs got stuck behind the tray inside of the unit. In order to prevent any further damage to the unit, I would recommend to remove the screws for the top cover and remove the stuck disc manually in the hope it will free up the tray mechanism. In some cases a stuck CD causes the loading mechanism to be out of timing. That would need a technician to disassemble the mechanism and fix that. So I hope removing the stuck disc will fix your issue. Let me know. Thanks