Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just purchased a Denon receiver and are trying to hook up…

We just purchased a...

We just purchased a Denon receiver and are trying to hook up a non-hdmi cd-g karaoke player. We get audio, but no video. We have a Sony tv. Is this enough info to help us understand our problem?

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

Heos?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

In command series

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Avr-x2400h

12/10/2017
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What type of video output jack does the Karaoke machine use? Make and Model of that unit? Also model number off the back of the Sony TV please?

Not sure. We have a Acesonic multi format player, dgx-210. Tv is a sony xbr-65a1e
Our denon receiver is a avr-x2400h

You need a set of Red,Blue,Green RCA cables from the same colored jacks on the Karaoke machine DIRECTLY into the "Component Video" jacks on the SONY TV in order to get picture from the Karaoke machine on your TV.

Leave the Audio (Red and White) cables where they are connected on the Denon (this will still produce your sound), and then change the SONY'S INPUT to "Component" and you'll then have the video from the player on the TV.

The tv and receiver is brand new. The karaoke player is about 5 years old. We're starting to think we need a player with hdmi connection, or a converter.

Are you able to read my replies???

There is just an hdmi connection on tv - no input components

Hang on.

The TV certainly does have an Input for components- it's labeled "VIDEO IN" and is a single small round hole. Included with the TV is an adapter that has component RCA plugs that you use in this jack to connect NON HDMI equipment. Let me know if you're still stuck.

I'm able to read your replies. I was just typing over your responses -too quickly. Sorry.

That's okay- no worries.

Ahh. That makes sense. We'll look for the jack. I'll get back to you. Thanks!

No problem and you're very welcome!

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

We don't find an adapter. Would it be something we'd have to buy separately?

No, it should have come with the TV. Is the TV brand new- is the box still there??

tv is brand new. Box is out in the trash.

The adapter is shown on page 12 of the manual below (it was likely taped on the inside of the styro-foam in the package). It's actually red, white and yellow (not green. blue and red), so you would use the YELLOW video connection on the back of the player.

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20170504103600/Manuals/158/158X55A1E.PDF

Do you need further assistance with this?

I looked the box - nada. Then looked at the fine print in the manual, and this adapter is "not included". We will buy one tomorrow, and hopefully the problem will be solved. Thanks.

Okay, I couldn't find the adapter when I searched solely for it online, and I know LG and Samsung provides them with the TV (I had assumed Sony did also). So, anyhow- that is how you connect non-HDMI devices to the TV, so once you have it, then simply use the video plug on the Karaoke machine and you'll be good to go.

Aric, Engineer