Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bose wave music II is not playing the discs and I cannot…

Customer Question
My Bose wave music...

My Bose wave music II is not playing the discs and I cannot eject them it keeps telling me to wait I change the batteries on the remote but it is not working

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

Acoustic wave music system II

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

The disc at the top works fine . i inverted the five other discs at the bottom pressed cd and play and it keeps telling me to wait I tried ejecting the discs but nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I changed the batteries on the remotes but noting works

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/9/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.