Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My CD player. Which is a multi cd player(3) does not seem to…

Customer Question
My CD player. Which...

My CD player. Which is a multi cd player(3) does not seem to be exchanging information with the Bose wave radio

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

I’d have to look but I️I️t is an old one not made not only available In refurbished. I’d say 10 yrs or more

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

I tried reconnecting the units, unplugged then and reconnected to power. There is a disc in the CD player which the system doesn’t recognize as being there

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

That’s about it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
The system is an older one at least 10 years and they are on,y being sold as refurbished
12/9/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

I will try the compressed air. It’s probably not worth going to the repair route

I would agree, for a unit this age, which is over double its service life, they are usually not worth fixing.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?