Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 4 CD component is not working properly. On all foour.

Customer Question
My 4 CD component...

My 4 CD component is not working properly. On all foour

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Bose Wave multi CD Changer. Disks do not play. Signals reading disk for about a minute then signals failure Lots of mechanical noise. Hard to eject disks. HAve to do it several times. Disks play normally in the main system,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/8/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Do all three disk ports use the same laser? Do I spray in the slot or does the disk ray have to be open? Thing is I can't open the trays.Also this is an older player and is not blu ray. So I don't believe the cleaner disk will work
I have a disk cleaner. It does not read just my music discs. So that is not much of a help.

In the changer, they all use the same one, it moves into position to play them individually.

You spray into the slot (preferably with no disc in it).

The cleaner will work on a music disc player.

OK. Sprayed the slots with dust remover spray. Put in Disk cleaner in all three slots. Same response. Flashes reading disk while making alot of mechanical noise the signals disk error. So at square 1.
This is about a 7 year old player used occasionally. What is the expected shelf life of a Bose multi player disk player?
you there?