Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sore wave radio with a cd player. The cd will not…

Customer Question
I have a Sore...

I have a Sore wave radio with a cd player. The cd will not play. I have run a cleaner disk through it. Where can I get i looked at?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Bose

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

I have used a cleaner cd. It did not work and will not take it a second time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Its a Bose wave system a table top radio and cd player

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/8/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The issue you're having is due to the laser lens being either contaminated (dirty), or faulty (scratched or mis-aligned).

You can try a couple of several methods of cleaning the laser lens to see if it helps clear up the problem. The first (which you've tried) is to purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc, and run it through the system several times.

If your player is not reading any discs at all though, then try purchasing a can of compressed air (available at PC or AV retailers). Insert the spray tip of the can into the disc slot and liberally spray to remove any dirt/debris/etc.

Make sure the unit is unplugged when you try those steps- and once complete- plug it back in.

However, if this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the disc mechanism in the system has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Please view my reply for the answer to your question.

Aric, Engineer