Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Panasonic sc pt 956 DVD player and Panasonic plasma…

Customer Question
Hi, I am Randy...

Hi, I am Randy and have a Panasonic sc pt 956 DVD player and Panasonic plasma tv connected with optical connection. I want to connect a wireless headphone for the hearing impaired. It works on the TV audio output for normal cable programming, but not with the DVD movies. Is the connection wrong or some sort of setup required?

Technician's Assistant: What does your TV screen look like when you try to connect your digital media player? Is there anything at all displayed?

The ;media player and TV work fine, only the headphones do not work with the digital media player.

Technician's Assistant: Is your digital media player connected to the TV, or is it connected to a power outlet?

Power outlet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

The AV connection between the media player and the TV is an optical cable. TV and media player powered separatly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/8/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model of the headphones you're using?

Just a moment while I get them
They are Sennheiser HDR 130 headphones

Thanks for confirming,

this is really a limitation of the dvd theater system.

It has no means of outputting audio to anything other than the surround speakers, it is not able to output to headphones or other devices, which is why you can't get anything for dvd. The optical connection is a one way output from the tv to the theater system.

Your best option here would be to use a different dvd player. You can keep the panasonic system for sound, but if you were to connect a separate external dvd or bluray player directly to the tv, you could then get the audio feed out of the tv to the headphones to work.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.