Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Yamaha RX-V679 receiver that I am trying to connect…

Customer Question
I have a Yamaha...

I have a Yamaha RX-V679 receiver that I am trying to connect to a Klipsch RSB-11 soundbar. I am not able to get an FM audio signal out of the soundbar. I know that the sound bar is working since I get audio from my Samsung TV fine. The receiver is connected to the soundbar with and HDMI cable going from HDMI out on the receiver to HDMI 1 on the soundbar. The HDMI out light is displayed on the receiver. Any suggestions.

Technician's Assistant: When did this screen problem start with your RX-V679?

Yesterday. That was the first day it was connected to the soundbar which is new.

Technician's Assistant: Is everything else working normally?

I cannot tell for the receiver as the soundbar is my only speaker system that is connected to the receiver.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

Not now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 4 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Yamaha receiver question. Let me research your unit and I will be right back.
The Radio section is unfortunately not put out on the HDMI output. In order to get all your audio from the receiver to the sound, you will have to use an analog RCA cable from the Zone 2 output of the Yamaha receiver to the Klipsch soundbar.
The Klipsch soundbar has a 3.5mm Analog input and you would need an adapter. Here is a link to one.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-6-3-5mm-mini-to-rca-stereo-audio-cable-black/4408001.p?skuId=4408001&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1082&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=3e1b7b1d-a43d-4524-9d17-9b8c18417dfe&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg234315&ksdevice=m&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=CjwKCAiAjanRBRByEiwAKGyjZWhvVrks5Wp9cx5Up0BYtrXbMNcehay__Qt9TlY6uYcHOZI4SW0FCRoC4vQQAvD_BwE
I hope this information helps you. If you have any other questions please let me know. I am more than happy to answer them for you.
I have done some deeper research which could resolve your HDMI audio, so you can use your existing cable. Try to go into the Setup, then select HDMI setup, make sure HDMI control is turned OFF, then turn HDMI AUDIO OUT to " On".
Let me know if that resolved your issue. Good luck.

Good morning, thank you for allowing me to help you with your Audio question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.

Good afternoon, just checking if you have any other questions ?
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017