Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Yamaha rx-a750 bluetooth doesnt work. My iphone and mac

yamaha rx-a750 bluetooth doesnt work JA...
yamaha rx-a750 bluetooth doesnt work
JA: Is your RX-A750 system connected to or paired with anything?
Customer: no
JA: What have you tried so far with your RX-A750?
Customer: my iphone and mac
JA: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
12/7/2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Yamaha receiver issue. Let me research your unit and I will be right back.
Before we suspect an internal issue in your Yamaha receiver such as defective Bluetooth module, I would recommend to perform a Factory reset.
Resetting/Initializing the receiver to factory settings:
Warning: This will erase all settings and return the unit to its original factory settings.
Note: This procedure is done on the front panel of the receiver only.
1. Set the unit to Standby by pressing the Power button.
2. While holding down the Straight button, press the Power button.
3. SP IMP. 8 Ohm Min (Or 6 ohm) will come up on the Front Panel.
4. Press the Right Program Arrow button repeatedly until INIT-CANCEL comes up.
5. Press the Straight Button repeatedly until INIT-ALL comes up.
6. Press the Standby button to turn off the receiver.
7. The next time the receiver is powered on, the factory settings will take effect
Now the receiver is reset, and you can start performing the initial setup and try to pair your devices via Bluetooth. Let me know if that helped. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks but it didn’t work. Can’t connect at all
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have to catch a plane. Call next week
Ok, have a good flight. We communicate when you get back. Just let me know when you are available. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will let you know thanks. Sounds like a blue tooth module issue
indeed, I will forward you the part number and pricing.
One other option can be performed as well. Please make sure you have the latest firmware update. Newest one is 1.77
It can be performed via USB stick as well. Here is the link
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio_visual/av_receivers_amps/rx-a750_black_u/downloads.html
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Another information for you is: When you select the Bluetooth input on the receiver you have to push the Connect button on the front of the receiver. After that the receiver is in pairing mode. And you should be able to see the receiver on your phone. If not turn the Bluetooth on and off and try again. It should work. If you still have issue the Network/ Bluetooth module is defective part number YH110E00

Sorry could not edit my last responds. Here is my revised answer for the last post. Another information for you is: Please check if Wifi antenna at the back is connected, then turn the Bluetooth on and off at the phone and try again. Also pages 65, 102 and 113 talk about Bluetooth pairing and issues. If you need those pages, please let me know. Last thing try also in the Yamaha menu to select Bluetooth - Audio receive and select disconnect then reconnect, plus turn on Bluetooth standby in the menu as well. It should work. If you still have issue the Network/ Bluetooth module is defective part number YH110E00

Just to summarize everything. Most important step is once you selected Bluetooth input press the connect button ( also labeled " Straight". This will activate the Bluetooth in the receiver so you can see the model on your phone. This should work. 2nd make sure the Firmware is up-to-date.
Good morning, thank you for allowing me to help you with your TV question. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied.
Good afternoon, just checking if you have any other questions ?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi I’m back and nothing worked. Called the original installer. Got scolded for the factory reset. That was the worse think I could have done. Unfortunately th installer will now have to come and reset the whole receiver. Oh well
Hello, the installer just exaggerated. The units are very simple to setup. Sometimes it is necessary to clear the CPU to get rid off any software settings issues. We do that all the time, with no issues. Have you tried selecting the Bluetooth input, then push the straight button at the front of the unit to get it in pair mode ? Then search on your phone for the Yamaha receiver ?
You can ask anybody else including Yamaha. To setup the auto calibration, which sometimes is not even necessary takes about 30-45 mins.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi yes I have pushed the straight button many times. The receiver model name pops up but doesn’t connect. So I now have someone coming next week. Appreciate the help anyway. Thanks
You're very welcome, and good luck!
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. And also remember your unit has a 3 years warranty as well if the unit has an internal issue.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks much
Have a nice evening and Happy Holidays.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017