Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenwood DPX500BT. I just moved back to the state.

Customer Question
Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a Kenwood DPX500BT. I just moved back to the state. When I lived here in 2015, my Sirius/XM worked with no issues. The service is unavailable in Europe. Now that I'm back I attempted to activate my satellite radio. The issue is, I don't see it as an option on my radio under Source i.e. Tuner, iHeart, Pandora, CD, etc. Is there a way to reset the radio so that the satellite receiver can be recognized?

Technician's Assistant: Is your DPX500BT system connected to or paired with anything?

It is paired with my iphone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/6/2017
Technician: Joe, Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

DO you have the external SiriusXM tuner SXV200/100 connected to the dpx500bt? As the headunit does not have access to sat radio without the external tuner. And I don't think you can select it as a source until the external tuner is connected and is powered up and working, so if there is a problem with the external tuner or it is not connected that would explain why you cannot select it.

Using the SRC button you should be able to switch to "Sirius xm" if not then there is a problem as I stated with the system, try resetting to factory defaults, you can also try updating the firmware but that shouldnt be related (http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/).

If still having problems then you will need to check power and ground to the external xm tuner as well as the connections between them.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!