Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an AVR-991 amplifier and all it's working perfectly…

Customer Question
Hi i have an...

Hi i have an AVR-991 amplifier and all it's working perfectly but the network card it simply does not work is like it shutdown the switch don't even sense it I've checked the cable and it's ok I've changed the switch port to one that it's working perfectly, but nothing. there's any way to reset the card, I even tried to reboot the amplifier with the sequence surround left and right buttons with the power button simultaneasly but

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

It's a DENON AVR-991

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your AVR-991?

Hi i have an AVR-991 amplifier and all it's working perfectly but the network card it simply does not work is like it shutdown the switch don't even sense it I've checked the cable and it's ok I've changed the switch port to one that it's working perfectly, but nothing. there's any way to reset the card, I even tried to reboot the amplifier with the sequence surround left and right buttons with the power button simultaneasly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/6/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure the amplifier is connected with a fresh cable to the switch... cables do go back, though that complete a failure is rather unusual... still, it can happen.

Try this reset too:

with the Denon turned OFF first, and left OFF for at least 2 minutes...

hold down the Up and the Down buttons, on the circular up-down-left-right set, and turn it ON while holding those two buttons down...

...keep holding them down for 5+ seconds after turning it ON.

Then once done with this reset, go to Menu

Manual Setup

Networking

and make sure it has an IP Address.

Let me know how that goes, and if you need further help, I will provide it as needed. Thanks.