Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Home Theater .... Have an existing" working system" with a…

Customer Question
Home Theater .... Have an...
Home Theater .... Have an existing " working system" with a Denon AVR-1912 and a Toshiba...HAVE REPLACED THE TOISHIBA with a Samsung SU-6500...
Want to run the APPS I have authorized in the Samsung, have video but NO audio....
On the Sam rear panel:
#3 HTMI is labeled ARC
Also There is a Digital Audio Optical connector (Tos-Link..SPDIF..??)
...On the Denon there is a Audio Optical OUT..again Tos-Link/SPDIF connector
In the Denon menu I have set the audio to AMP and the HTMI Control to ***** the SAM I have chosen..SOUND.."Audio Out/Optical"
When I go to a APPS on the SAM the audio rtemains womith the AVR input I have chosen..need the audio to mute and allow the APP to come through..
How do I get the APP sound to come alive...??
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/5/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

So you have optical from the digital audio port on the samsung, to which port on the denon?

Assuming you are connected to the optical on the denon (and not running through any type of adapter or converter),

please first make sure the denon is set to the TV input mode and let me know if you get anything there.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.