Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I Just purchased a new Sony T.V. XBR49X900E. I have the

Customer Question
I Just purchased...

I Just purchased a new Sony T.V. XBR49X900E. I have the cinemate speaker system that has RCA plugs, Sony tells me that these plugs are not compatable with this T.V. What are my options?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your XBR49X900E?

It is this years model, I have had it for 5 days

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does work and this is the only thing I am trying to do.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your XBR49X900E? What happened right before this?

I just set it up last night,Idid go in the menu and shut the TV audio off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it, just want to know these speakers are not outdated

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/4/2017
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Aric, Engineer

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Sony is correct in that their TV doesn't use RCA plugs for audio out. But there is a simple solution (you don't have to replace the Bose speakers).

The TV uses an "Optical" jack for its audio out (digital audio out), and you would simply need an optical to RCA converter to connect to the TV's optical jack, and then plug the Bose RCA red and white jacks to the converter. This will get the TV sound playing through the Bose (and is the solution with all newer TV's and older sound systems):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Toslink-Signal-Optical-Coaxial-Digital-to-Analog-Audio-Converter-Adapter-RCA-L-R-with-Fiber-Cable/204809571?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=2961&adid=22222222227094193174&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=215784241583&wl4=aud-310687322322:pla-349111475231&wl5=9001641&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113509951&wl11=online&wl12=204809571&wl13=&veh=sem

Simply view my reply for the answer to your question.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?