Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My older model bose radio cd player will not play, it spins…

Customer Question
My older model bose...

My older model bose radio cd player will not play, it spins but want play cd s

Technician's Assistant: What Bose model do you have?

I bought it about 13 years ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

What was suggested unplugging it for 60 minutes and then plugging it back in.

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/5/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you first of all try removing all CDs from the player, then use a CD lens cleaning kit on it.

(Such as this one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Power-Gear-33628-Laser-Lens-Cleaner-For-Cd-Dvd-Blu-ray/52213767?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227040590916&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=233096506977&wl4=pla-385356593716&wl5=9053018&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=52213767&wl13=&veh=sem )

Then wait a sufficient time for drying, then try it again.

If that fails, even with several different CDs or two different CD discs at least, then your Bose device's CD playing part has a problem that would require that it be service-repaired.

For Bose Factory Authorized Service, call this number:

1-***-***-****

or you could, perhaps, replace the CD part of the radio-CD-player yourself, if you are good with electronic device disassembly and reassembly.