Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a wave sound touch bose radio and the cd function is…

Customer Question
I have a wave...

I have a wave sound touch bose radio and the cd function is not working. It was first not ejecting a cd. Now it accepts a cd but then immediately rejects it. ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What is your Bose connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes, the radio works fine

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/2/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Example cleaner disc) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.