Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a denon 5-disc cd player. the player makes sound like…

Customer Question
I have a denon...

I have a denon 5-disc cd player. the player makes sound like spinning, but will not play and will not open. how can i open it?

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

Dcm-290

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

I have just tried pressing buttons on front.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

None

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Does the platter turns inside ,like can you switch discs ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website and I`m not available for it at this time but another expert might be if you`d rather do this on the phone .
Otherwise you can just ignore them if you don`t want it , i have no control over those.

You most likely have a slipping , broken belt or loading motor

I would suggest removing the top cover

There will be screws 2 on each side and perhaps some at the rear then pull it out at the rear first and slide it out from the front lip

This will give you easy access to the discs if you want to retrieve them

Unfortunately unless there is something obvious like a disc stuck in the system , it would be very difficult for me to tell you what is happening without being there myself

Try the eject button then help the platter coming out , just push lightly on it and see what that does

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician