Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Remote control not working, batteries replaced for Denon…

Customer Question
Remote control not working...

Remote control not working, batteries replaced for Denon integrated network AV receiver. worked this morning.

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

AVR-X2200w

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

All functions with remote don't work, controls on receiver seem to work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of any

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 day by:
12/1/2017
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done); there is a partial test to confirm if the Denon remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera.

For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.