Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon Stereo CD Player DCM-360/260. It has a 5 disc…

Customer Question
I have a Denon...

I have a Denon Stereo CD Player DCM-360/260. It has a 5 disc carousel and I inserted a 5th disc while another disc was playing. it stopped playing and I can't open the drawer or move the discs along. It seems entirely stuck. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What Denon model do you have?

Let me check

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Denon system?

It is the Denon 360, and I have tried hitting the buttons for skip, advance, open and nothing happens.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/29/2017
Technician: Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician replied 7 months ago
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your Denon CD player.

It sounds like one of the discs moved out of the tray and jammed the tray mechanism. I would recommend to open the top cover and remove all CDs. Then use a screw driver locate a little hole under knees the unit and turn the tray release wheel until the tray moves all the way out. Then plug the power cord back in and check for correct tray operation before you load any discs. If the tray still does not function properly, then the mechanism needs to be retimed. Let me know if that helped.

I double checked for the tray release wheel under knees. And it looks like the older units did not had it. While the top cover is open try to locate the belt and check if it didn't slip of the pulley.