Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My late 1990's wave radio quit and I want it repaired, where…

Customer Question
My late 1990's wave...

My late 1990's wave radio quit and I want it repaired, where do I go in central Michigan

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Bose

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose system?

I have unpluged it and reset it, the clock works, but I can't get any sound out of it. I also took the batteries out of it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No but it hasn't played for 2 or 3 years

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/28/2017
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are no local repair options anywhere. Bose systems are highly proprietary and they will not make parts available to repair shops.

If you prefer to repair though,

Your options will be to send it in direct to Bose for factory service (1-***-***-****) though this can be slow (long turnaround time) and expensive (they generally offer you a partial trade in towards a refurb model rather than actually repairing) This will typically be in the $300-400 range.

Or, as an alternative to the factory service is to contact the guys at MyBoseRepair (http://www.myboserepair.com/ship_to_us.htm) who will generally be able to do a much quicker and cheaper repair service. They typically offer a flat rate repair of around $200. This is the route I would recommend.

Given the age of the radio, you may be better off replacing it with a new model with a fresh warranty and may want to consider this option as well as the cost won't be much more than repairs. I can help with replacement recommendations as well, if you'd like.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.